San Francisco, CA — SEMI projects back-to-back years of double-digit growth in worldwide semiconductor equipment sales, according to the mid-year edition of the SEMI Capital Equipment Forecast, released at the annual SEMICON West exposition. The SEMI outlook calls for the total semiconductor equipment market to grow 20.8 percent in 2014 to reach $38.4 billion and to expand another 10.8 percent in 2015 to exceed $42.6 billion.
Following two years of spending declines, key drivers for equipment spending are investments by foundry and logic fabs for sub 20nm technology, NAND flash makers for leading edge technology (including 3D NAND) and capacity, DRAM technology upgrades for mobile applications, and expansion of advanced packaging capacity for flip chip, wafer bumping, and wafer-level packaging. All regions of the world are projected to see equipment spending increases in 2015.
Front-end wafer processing equipment is forecast to grow 11.9 percent in 2015 to $34.8 billion, up from $31.1 billion in 2014. Test equipment and assembly and packaging equipment is forecast to experience growth next year, rising to $3.1 billion (+1.6 percent) and $2.6 billion (+1.2 percent), respectively. The forecast indicates that next year is on track to be the second largest spending year ever, surpassed only by $47.7 billion spent in 2000.
“Mobility and interconnectivity require leading-edge process technologies, both at the fab level and in packaging, and are key factors for growth in equipment spending,” said Denny McGuirk, president and CEO of SEMI. “We expect capital spending to increase throughout the remainder of 2014 and into 2015.”
Growth is forecast in all regions except ROW in 2014 and all regions in 2015. Taiwan is forecast to continue to be the world’s largest spender with $11.6 billion estmated for 2014 and $12.3 billion for 2015. In 2014, North America is second at $7.2 billion, followed by South Korea at $6.9 billion. For 2015, South Korea is in second ($8.0 billion) in spending, followed by North America ($7.3 billion).
In 2014, year-over-year increases are expected to be largest for China (47.3 percent), North America (35.7 percent), South Korea (33.0 percent), and Europe (29.7 percent). Year-over-year percentage increases for 2015 are largest for Europe (47.8 percent increase), ROW (23.5 percent), Japan (15.6 percent), and South Korea (15.0 percent).
Contact: SEMI, 3081 Zanker Rd., San Jose, CA 95134 408-943-6900 fax: 408-943-7914 Web: http://www.semi.org
Archive for August, 2014
Call BRL Test at 866-275-8378 or click on the links below to get spec sheets and quote forms.
Tags: E8257D-520, sale, signal generator
Call your BRL Test Represtative at 866-275-8378 for sales and repair questions.
Ready to step it up a level or two? Enter the tighter, faster, broader, quieter , sharper, stronger, world of the Agilent E8257D PSG! Great resolution? Yes! High output power? Yes! Broad spectrum? Yes! Low noise? Yes! Accurate? Yes! When you need to take it to the lab level you must have better performance all around. That’s why the E8257D is the proven choice of lab techs worldwide.
The E8257D PSG is a very serious analog signal generator. Choose frequency max up to 67 GHz (operational to 70 GHz). The E8257D PSG high output power and superior level accuracy often does away with the need for an external amplifier for testing high power devices and cuts down on test uncertainty. Great phase noise performance is ideal for local oscillator, low jitter clock substitution and adjacent channel selectivity tests. Professionals choose the E8257D for RF & microwave radar, communications, and control systems testing.
Continuous wave (CW) generation is standard. Optionally add analog and/or pulse modulation to accurately characterize RF and microwave components units. Flexible optional modulation means getting in easy and ramping up when you can afford.
Changing requirements? No problem. Call BRL Test 866-275-8378 and we’ll upgrade you to the right options. Configure the E8257D PSG for applications ranging from LO substitution and distortion test to radar test and interference signal generation.
- Broad frequency ranges – 250 kHz to 20, 40, 50 or 67 GHz (operational to 70 GHz) with .001 Hz resolution
- High output power – typical performance of +23 dBm @ 20 GHz, + 17dBm @ 40 GHz, + 14 dBm @ 67 GHz with excellent level accuracy
- World-class SSB phase noise – typical performance of -115 dBc/Hz at 10 kHz offset from 10 GHz carrier
- Flexible analog modulation formats – AM, FM, ØM, and pulse
- Dual internal function generators – sine, square, triangular, ramp, and noise waveforms
- Easy frequency extension – up to 325 GHz with Oleson Microwave Labs (OML) mm-wave modules
- Narrow pulse modulation – typical 8 ns rise/fall times and 20 ns pulse width from 10 MHz to 67 GHz
- Multiple high rate sweep modes – digital step/list sweep and analog ramp sweep featuring code compatibility with the Agilent 8757D scalar network analyzer
- External control using PSA Series spectrum analyzer – scalar network analysis capability when combined with any PSA with external source control option.
- Backwards compatible – same form factor and 100% code compatible with previous generations of PSG signal generators
- Standard 1 year warranty